11/14/2020

 Duly Noted 

Yesterday, I took a bicycle (not my own),

to the beach (not the usual one),

looking for something (not sure what.)


[LSS, 11/14/20]


Combing the Beach


I find a shingle beach bleeding 

effortlessly into the plain of a plain 

blue sea, slack tide, no wind,  


a cruise ship wandering the inlet.

I find the passengers onboard 

drinking champagne, toasting 


the horizon and the voyage ahead. 

I find visions of the Inside Passage, 

ancient glaciers calving, crooning 

lullabies to their baby blue babies. 


I find the happy passengers 

slowly slipping away. 


I find a piece of driftwood

here on the rising tide, rising, 

floating, and falling,


rising, floating, and falling, 

rising, floating, and falling, 

falling, falling.


[LSS, 11/14/20]


No comments:

Post a Comment

T-minus 11 Burned toast, raw yolk, a few last words on the unswept floor. [LSS, 5/7/24]