12/23/2020

Arrangement in Black and White

All those things I’ve gleaned, 

stolen, and hidden in my pockets, 

up my sleeves, and down my throat,

and even the still-hot ashes of things 

I’ve watched you burn.


[LSS, 12/23/20]



Arrangement in Black and White #2


You were probably saving 

those notes I threw in the fire 

this morning. I was only

trying to keep warm and 

you were still asleep.


[LSS, 12/23/20]



A Little White Landscape


Pine siskin, sister, kin.

There’s an unmarked grave 


in a snow-filled landscape.

I know where it is, sister, 


who died being born

before I was born, sister, 


who left a place for me.


[LSS, 12/23/20]


Cairn


Why have I placed 

this weight, this rock 

tower on my desk?


Every one knows 

the blank page is capable 

of holding itself down.


[LSS, 12/23/20]


No comments:

Post a Comment

The New World Here I have made my life  again and again and again  remembering what it is to live my life again. [LSS, 6/27/24]