12/01/2020

Flashback


There you are 

looking at me

taking a picture 

of you looking 

at me as 

you see for 

the first time 

and have yet 

to learn to 

guard your true 

expression.


[LSS, 12/1/20]



What Part of This Story Don’t You Understand?


I can’t, I won’t

name the yous who

people this world.


Some egos would love

to have some names 

attached, but I love 


to have some privacy 

in which to consider 

the discrete possibility


that you are really me.


[LSS, 12/1/20]



Nature Guide


“Come back, come back,”

tomorrow calls.

“You’re going the wrong way.”


Night turns on its heel

and follows me into the dark 

where I am looking for that 


place, that time I knew 

before I heard the dead 

certainty of my own inner voice.


[LSS, 12/1/20]

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures you paint with your words, the stories that flow into my own experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures you paint with your words, the stories that flow into my own experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...