3/07/2021

Sleepy Time 

A pile of spent tea bags, 

a loose leaf atlas of dreams, 

and sketches for the person 

you wish to wake into 

tomorrow morning.


[LSS, 3/7/21]


Pandemic Anniversary


One whole year processed 

through the collective gut 

of a colony of worms,


warm, velvety soil now 

containing the memory 

of all those dinner parties 


I threw every night 

when I tossed the kitchen scraps

onto the compost pile.


[LSS, 3/7/21]


Black Hole


I heard the news today that the world 

hadn’t ended when I closed up for winter.


The first grey whale came back in December, 

but I wasn’t looking out to sea then.


[LSS, 3/7/21]


Some Questions about Kites


Are you tethered to your kite 

by a heavy string?


Are you that bird flying freely 

on long, narrow wings?


Have you written a bad check 

I shouldn’t bother to cash?


[LSS, 3/7/21]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...