4/28/2021

April 28, 2021

invasive, pervasive, insidious
I’ve lost count of the nouns
used to describe all of this
lost count of the firmly attached
adjectives modifying attributes

particles rise from the id
in the beginning I dismissed them
as dust, motes, molecules of
irregularity in an otherwise
complacent juxtaposition of contrariness

things were supposed to click
that cricket expired
on the way to the launch pad
an atom sized snowflake shape
on the windshield

“so,” “but,” “yet,” those interjections
scrape the neurons from my
synapses, leave me disoriented
from too much random electricity
too much “I don’t know”

sadness is a charged word, and
like the electron, difficult to
locate in space and time
I’ll redefine that particle as
disappointment, stalled in the express lane

this conundrum with no beginning or end
this flux between Russian realism
and Puritanical utopian communes
this abyss between the close/far rims
of imaginary, self-created canyons

the metaphor of a yo-yo is apropos
also a balance scale, and the contrast
between centrifugal and centripetal forces
that yin-yang thing we aspired to
in our wonderfully naïve youthfulness

I meant to flush doves from the underbrush
there was a badger in there too
complacent and sluggish, unable to
decide whether or not
to attack

I’ve let go of the charged dialog
I’ve let go of imaginary energy channels
I’ve let go of broken timepieces
I’ve let go of over reaching
I’ve let go of, over and out

[RK, 4/28/21]


I Can Visualize But Cannot Manifest

I rub together your
lack of commitment and
lack of opinion
the fire is cathartic and cleansing
smoke rises like incense
sick and sweet
going up to the places
I only imagined

[RK, 4/28/21]



Metallurgy 101

you know me backwards and forwards
why the backpedal fundamentals?

you know me left and right
why the drone interrogation?

basis, root, foundation, all
lacking from the center & periphery

cloud, wind, night sky, reflect
the iron walls of your fears

[RK, 4/28/21]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...