4/13/2021

Night Shift #12

Amazing how vinegar and bleach
figure into this part of my life.

That bucket you are tempted to spill
takes center stage, lit from within.

It has become integral, icing on
a mega-cake in a mega season.

Your hilltop drone videos punctuate
my equilibrium. Pencils roll off the table.

That checkered tablecloth is out of place
in this Italian Mannerist diptych.

I signed up for swimming lessons,
found the lifeguard OFF DUTY.

[RK, 4/13/21]


Drone

The live streamed poetry readings go on forever.
They blend like goo in a food processor, echo
like a distant hum of bee-swarms. Contrived
and as dangerous as a plush toy alligator.  

[RK, 4/13/21]


Word Salad

Adverb vinegar, preposition oil,
shredded reminiscences, topped with
crumbled nonsense.

Eminently non-nutritious,
exceptionally plain. I await
the next celebrity cookbook.

[RK, 4-13-21]


Yikes

Folded and refolded pine needles on the park picnic table.
You look for meaning and mystery in the mundane.
I send you a photo of the sky reflected in a puddle.

Surely that should be enough.
Surely that will fill in the blanks.
Surely you don’t need to be hypnotized.

[RK, 4/13/21]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...