12/16/2021

It’s Okay to Engage in Repeated Actions
 
you said: what makes you happy?
what brings you joy?
here’s what happens
the interminable piling on of hours
overwhelms past days of adventure
and day-to-day excitement
 
lost in decades of life-shuffle
well I keep bumping against well-meaning voices
deactivating my possible integrations
 
let me go
while you cling
let me move forward through oceans of molasses
so many possible islands
so many possible jig-saw puzzle pieces
 
I haven’t any answers to this conundrum
just slow steps while creating the future
 
[RK, 12/16/21]
 
 
Trigger Warning
 
out of the ordinary morning
driving down an 8 AM busy 3 lane
waiting for a green left turn arrow
so prosaic
 
early light misted in random trees
nostalgia which happens less frequently as the years pile up
it pulls me into a collection of muddled flashbacks
part of me follows these memories, briefly
then the light changes
 
[RK, 12/16/21]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...