12/15/2021

Happy New Year


here I am again
in this year's garden
the wind still tells the same story
exemplification
of what goes on

Here we are again
awaiting the beginning of another calendar year
another batch of salad greens
another long shopping list of 
should have, did not

in this cool sub-tropical morning
the coffee cools by noticeable degrees
the thriving green ponders weak sunlight
another day raises its hand
and falls into place

[RK, 12/15/21]


I Dreamed I Had 20/20 Hindsight


our diary sputters like recalcitrant lawn mowers
images of rhythmic waves supersede that noisy freak
what I move toward, what desire sprouts
from sea-green playlists

brick-red coral bleached by sunlight
broken shells, the ill-mannered and cracked crustacean carapaces
beach metaphors and similes fail me                                                                                   

garden soil in the cuffs of my jeans                                                                                 horizons of health and home, everywhere I turn

the nightly 3:00 AM review of 
poor decisions and useless clinging

random solitary moments
when mortality envelopes me
with organic oxidation

[RK, 12/15/21]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...