1/16/2022

Non-Tech Savvy, Mortality Sends Telegrams

there are reading assignments
I gleefully ignore
there is self-inflicted homework
I complete by methodical degrees
there is Sunday, traditional day of rest
I observe without guilt

there is the memory of a cat
exhibiting grace as it stretches
like kudzu, minute hands
intermittent rain, the rise of balloons
at makeshift memorials

[RK, 1/16/22]
 
 

Makeshift Solutions in a DIY World

you break the afternoon into bite-sized pieces
with heart-felt karate chops
from the bridge I stare down into water
bereft of fish, crabs, sharks, and dolphins

I’ve taught myself to contain confusion
because it blends with sadness and grief
forms an emotional concoction of
running away and enforced resolve

[RK, 1/16/22]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...