8/13/2020

String Figures


We are born of the world,

as a sweater is born of the skein,

a noose of the rope.


[LSS, 7/30/20]


Rootbound


While I was out mountain bagging,

the garden has held watch 

on summer’s passage, managed 

to keep itself alive.  Today 

it’s a rain forest of sprinklers, 

my belated blessing, my plea 

for forgiveness as I am both 

god and sinner in this master plan.


[LSS, 7/29/20]


Echolocation


We remain here on the edge

unconnected to the mainland

on an island floating in the sea

waiting for the children

we orphaned along the way

to finally rejoin us.


[LSS, 7/28/20]


Diagonal Line


It took only an hour

to cut and paste

the mossy stepping stones 

in the water, scrambling 

their history, connecting 

the vertices that can never 

exist on the same edge.


[LSS,  7/27/20]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...