9/20/2020

Attempting to Fit In, I Split in Two

 

“I hate you.”

“Really?”

“I’m joking.

You beat me at the last two games.

I don’t actually hate you.”

 

I seek, strive, in the middle ground of social interactions

what is appropriate

what is acceptable

when, how much, toward whom

 

The fine tuning of a boring ‘lifestyle’

where

placid ennui, lack of extremes,

discarded emotions take root

thrive, overburden my riotous garden

with leafy tangled vines that all look the same

 

odd, quirky, spur-of-the-moment

comments and actions

tamped down or rejected

 

bottle rockets and roads less taken

versus

pablum scooped from endless bowls

[RK, 9/20/2020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...