10/31/2020

Palette


Georgia O’Keeffe, Maxfield Parrish, N.C. Wyeth

I’m stunned by the sea change of clouds

 

tempted to follow wind, birds, roads

less traveled, or with bumper-to-bumper

 

foolishness, appropriate within the social contract

a spread sheet helps keep track

 

while I tack into the wind

watch realists paint the sky

[RK, 10/31/2020]

 

 

What the Shark Sees


wise raven of stories

your capricious flight

delights the hammerhead shark

at the center of my heart

this is to say

true lovebirds feather a nest

come to rest before weather

predicated on past expectations

a single bird’s errant predictions

[RK, 10/31/2020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...