11/25/2020

 Things That Happened Today When I Was Not Paying Attention


On the way to pick up my order from the farm, I missed my turn because I was listening to an interesting story on the radio.


The view from Maxwelton Beach where I turned around was nice: white caps and beach walkers and a tomorrow-is-a-holiday mood.


When I arrived at the farm, the interesting story was reaching the end, but I forgot to sit still for a moment longer to listen to the final words.


My produce order was not ready yet. I had forgotten to note the time before leaving home.


But now here is your poem with the truncated list at the center of my attention.


[LSS, 11/25/20]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...