12/29/2020

Coronavirus #1 (All)

what if all the people who don’t wear masks
just

I’m exhausted from asking if you wore
at all

our quarantine keeps getting extended
when you

I wish everything were otherwise
cannot see

your whatever ignorance does not equal
winning

[R
K, 12/29/2020]



Cathartic

I burn the notes beneath
the full moon is a witness

who will act as a character
witness in bland daylight

streaming through morning’s
window cleared of hesitation

before the promises I made

[RK, 12/29/2020]
 
 
Coronavirus #2 (Tick-Tock, Twelve O’Clock)

reactionaries doubt science when it fails
to align with what they already believe

revolutionaries posit herd immunity
before the stampede, during the stampede

both sides of the political spectrum
claim ‘me first’, flaunt self-worth

push against the flow pledging
dichotomies and divisiveness

[RK, 12/29/2020]


Coronavirus #3 (Self Examination)

today’s quarantine is a test
we only pass by being

honest in front of a mirror
that distorting fun house

mirror in your personal
carnival doesn’t count

[RK, 12/29/2020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...