12/31/2020

Dry January


What actual sacrifice 

would be required

to pencil in 

one more thing 

to the growing 

list of denials?


Just a few more 

words on paper, 

maybe a diagram

showing how all 

things grow from

one dormant seed.


[LSS, 12/31/20]



In The Reading Room


The book didn’t slip to the floor. 


I threw it there with what I had 

intended the other readers 

to see as a lighthearted gesture. 


We all laughed. 


But then the bruises appeared,

and I had to explain to the librarian 

what that book had done to me.


[LSS, 12/31/20]



Bookmark


Only a split second

between letting others 


see you and being 

closed inside a book.


[LSS, 12/31/20]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...