12/07/2020

To the Trees


Please don’t look at me that way. 

Last night it didn’t matter 

how close you were 


to one another; in fact, 

it was very sweet the way 

you leaned in to include 


even me in your silent embrace, 

but this morning, you are 

simply in the way, selfish


(and most unwelcome) 

in that way you always get 

this time of year, blocking 


out the sun, which is already 

so low on the horizon

I can barely tell it’s there, 


and you know how impatient

I always am for spring. 

So, a few of you must go 


away for good, but before 

you do, please come inside 

and join me in making this 

winter fire.


[LSS, 12/7/20] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New World Here I have made my life  again and again and again  remembering what it is to live my life again. [LSS, 6/27/24]