1/25/2021

The Photogenic Fungus

palest orange clump
perched on a Blue Ridge trail
passing, everyone
presses for a photograph

do you know me?
am I edible? poisonous?
can you imagine me in a
planter in your window every morning?

you would grow tired of me
the way you grew tired of
slime molds, mushrooms, lichens,
saprophytes, puffballs, spores

dried to hard buttons
destined for soup, stew,
or the compost pile
my home away from home

[RK, 1/25/21]


Rift 3

doors open
flowers open
dams open

openings cause divisions
where singularities lived
never anticipating the gaps

this observation is replete
with archetypal examples
I never anticipated the gaps

[RK, 1/25/21]



You Can Use This Ink

You can use this ink to
ace the test you never anticipated.

Squeeze that paper in a clothes mangle
and catch the falling drops.

Recycled, you can use this ink
for this tangle of shared graffiti.

Scrape the bricks clean and
catch the falling drops.

Reused, you can use this ink
for your asemic invitations.

[RK, 1/25/21]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...