2/16/2021

Newsreel

I polished all the mirrors

and set them decades ahead

of the nearest light switch

so we can see which one of us 

will be the first to disappear 

when the film begins to burn 

in the projector.


[LSS, 2/16/21]


Snow Angels and Self-Portraits Drawn in Steam on the Bathroom Mirror


Things I made today

while looking for a reason

to make some other things

that stood a better chance.


[LSS, 2/16/21]


Lost in the Museum


If you look, you can find me in this painting 

kissing a mysterious woman leaning out

over the velvet rope, admiring her self-portrait, 

her masterpiece painted centuries ago

and quite unlike the style of her master 

whose name is inscribed on the plaque.


[LSS, 2/16/21]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...