4/14/2021

Reservation List

Amazing how many figures

can get bleached out by the sun

waiting for you to load your 

camera with gourmet recipes,


searching for some hidden meaning 

reflected in a spoonful of broth, 

a soupçon of catacombs, hieroglyphs, 

and hesitation. 


[LSS, 4/14/21]


Cocktail Hour


I didn’t hear the shriek,

but there must have been one

when the sharp-shinned hawk

tore the first bit of flesh  

from that shrew, because 

the only sound I could hear 

was you loading your tumbler 

with beach pebbles and grit 

hoping to polish away 

the rough edge of nature. 


[LSS, 4/14/21]


Team Sport


Catching the falling 

plates before they 

hit the floor: 

I am pitcher;

you have lost

your mitt.


[LSS, 4/14/21]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...