12/31/2021

Flip

if I rolled over into tomorrow’s greenery
I would miss the imaginary incessant hum
permeating the universe
miss the invisible fences at the edges of the solar system
where the heliopause begins
 
if I closed my eyes at night
I would miss the tangle of 1970s pinball machines
a choking infinity symbol
replete with buzzers, bells, and flashing lights
 
if I made plans, resolutions, lists, and agendas
I would miss the natural explosions and epiphanies of
spontaneity, synchronicity, simple satisfactions
 
if I stop caring
I would miss these pertinent webs families construct
friendships fluctuating between
funny and fearful
 
flip the coins
surreptitiously cheat so the mean average
is something we can all continue to live with
 
[RK, 12/31/21]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...