6/12/2022

Making Plans Without Thinking Things Through

we're sunflower seeds in a desert
broken bottles, brittle in spirit
dandelion seeds drifting on a summer breeze
unable to connect except with words
when you are busy with customers

plans are made and then retracted
apologies go out like expensive
sympathy cards
$8.95 to say what sounds false
when spoken


Unwanted Guest

emotional disturbance
loops in the ether, and yes
that sounds new age
it’s supposed to

patiently waiting
killing death in its many forms
end of day
like a summons that I’ll wake again
one more one more

you need not remind me of death
and/or dying
I’m on the email list
deleting without opening

[RK, 6/12/22]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midnight Snack I am stuffing my mouth with whole, rotting cantaloups, caravans of them, to avoid being the one who eats that precious...