12/17/2020

Appropriate!

I’m encouraged to accept acceptable social mores

and daily defined definitions of appropriate behavior

even if it did not take and set the last time I

entered into what others consider right and true


with the end result resulting in caterpillar vs.

butterfly, mustang vs. merry-go-round, moth vs.

ball, all contemporaneous misnomers even if it

becomes you vs. me, we vs. me, me vs. me

 

[RK, 12/17/2020]



Princess Charming

you slipped me another lucky charm when
I was not paying attention, this one is
clover shaped and Kelly green, it reminds
 
me of the tart apple you served last week
the tin milagro glued to the laptop, a rot
ted rabbit foot I immediately threw away
 
a phial of tap water labeled Holy, trees
decorated with popcorn colored with
Red #2, the birds that ate that choked
 
fell from the air, your mandalas, mala beads,
crosses, rosaries, stars, zigzags imitating
lightning strikes striking and setting fire
 
I’ve a cedar box filled with good luck
tucked beneath the bed where it will
infect and inspire my dreaming
[RK, 12/17/2020]


No comments:

Post a Comment

The New World Here I have made my life  again and again and again  remembering what it is to live my life again. [LSS, 6/27/24]