12/13/2020

What I Definitely Heard You Say

everything seemed copacetic
later I remember what everyone
noticed about the others
spoken or unspoken
 
complacent, I become baffled
was I misled, lied to, lost
in a subtle trance, fog
bound to be confused
 
when wandering is the theme
running through conversations
that tend to abrupt swerves
tangent to the reason for talking?
[RK, 12/13/2020]
 
 
Frog

I found you unfocused, random and kind
surprised at the common names of birds
 
speech slanted with discourse markers
and “I can’t remember,” featuring your
 
lack of connections, your language
hopping as it left your mouth
[RK, 12/13/2020]




Lines of Attraction

do I care to, should I
steady the compass
until the needle points
where I want it to go?
 
I’ve no control over Earth’s
or any other planet’s
magnetic field, I have tried
and failed spectacularly
[RK, 12/13/2020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New World Here I have made my life  again and again and again  remembering what it is to live my life again. [LSS, 6/27/24]